ALL CORRESPONDENCE REGARDING GRADING MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA YOUR MEMBER CLUB
Due to our sheer size we are capable of finding the right level for your playing needs in a varied and exciting competition.
The Grading Process
- Players allocated to teams (Club level)
- Clubs estimate (based on skill set of players) as to which initial grade the team will start in. For example, PK1 is entered in C3 and is the 17thteam.
Club grade entries A/AR B1 B2 B3 C1 C2 C3 D1 D2 D3 KN1 BT1 BT3 WR1 BT4 MC1 PK1 BWN2 IVE2 KN3 E1 BT2 BWN1 KN2 CW2 PK2 PK3 CW1 NV1 D1 IVE1 WR3 E2 E3 E5 E4 E6 E7 WR2
- The Grading Chair will then distribute the teams to allow appropriate numbers of teams per grade for the grading rounds. Please note that PK1 is now entered into B1 but is still the 17th team.
We cannot have a grade with just one team in it so we have to push everyone up. If you just looked at the grade, you would assume PK1 had jumped 5 grades however they are in the exact same spot.
The first 6 rounds of the season are grading rounds. After each round the teams will be adjusted according to results. Some teams may move up, down or stay exactly where they are.
For example: PK1 may beat MC1 by 15 points which you would assume means PK1 move up however you have to take into consideration the fact that in other rounds MC1 lost to E3 by 20 points yet only beat PK1 by 2pts. With this information it is not PK1 who needs to move up rather MC1 that needs to move down.
After round 6 each team will be placed into their final grade for the season.
GRADING POINTS [BY-LAW 18]
a) Prior to the start of the season, the EDJBA Committee of Management will decide the number of grading rounds.
Interpretation Each competition for which a separate ladder is kept for determining positions in finals shall be regarded as a grade.
b) At the completion of the grading rounds teams will be graded into their final grade.
c) For the purpose of By-Law 18, the difference between A Grade and the next listed grade shall be considered as a difference of two grades.
d) For calculating adjusted premiership points, the results of each grading round will be assessed on the final grade in which each team is graded:
i) If two teams who have played in the grading rounds finish in the same grade or one grade apart, then the result of that grading game will stand (i.e. three points win, two points draw, one point loss or forfeit).
ii) If two teams who have played in the grading rounds finish more than one grade apart then the following premiership points will be allocated:
(1) If the team graded higher won that team will receive two premiership points and the lower team two premiership points
(2) If the team graded lower won (or draws) the result will stand with three premiership points for the lower grade team and one premiership point for the higher grade team (or two points for a draw)
e) Where there is a walkover in grading round:
i) Team that gave the walkover receives zero points.
ii) Team that receives the walkover receives:
(1) Three premiership points if teams finish in the same grade or one grade apart.
(2) Two premiership points if teams finish more than one grade apart and team that gave the walkover is in a lower grade.
(3) Three premiership points if teams finish more than one grade apart and team that gave the walkover is in a higher grade.
f) Bye teams in grading rounds receive three premiership points.
LADDERS AND RESULTS [BY-LAW 19]
a) Where teams are level on premiership points, positions will be decided by the ratio of points for and against. When calculating percentage, no team may be credited with a win by more than 20 points.
b) Percentages are to be calculated from the first round, following the completion of the grading rounds.
c) Results and ladders will be posted onto the EDJBA webpage.
d) Clubs have until prior to the start of the next round, for regular season rounds, and until midday on the Monday following the completion of the final round, to query results.
e) Clubs have until midday on the Monday following the completion of the final round, to query ladders. Following this time ladder positions will be considered final.