At the EDJBA Special General Meeting held on 6 February 2023, a motion was passed to change the Winter age groups. The By Law is now updated as per below (changes in red). This means that for the Winter 2023 competition there will be Under 19 and Under 21 competitions (subject to numbers of teams).
- Summer Season: Under 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21 on 30th June in the year of the season start. For example: a player turning 10 on the 30th June is under 12.
- Winter Season: Under 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 on 31st December prior to the season start. For example: a player turning 11 on the 31st December is under 13.
- Any player may be called upon by the EDJBA to supply proof of age. Where inconsistent birth dates are submitted and the revision is to a lesser age, proof must be supplied.
- There will be a separate boys competition and a separate girls competition
- At the discretion of the EDJBA, age groups may be combined if there are less than 16 teams entered in an age group
Here are the revised age groups for the Winter 2023 competition:
|Age group||Year of Birth|
This is the link to the complete By Laws: