The Annual General Meeting of the Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association Inc. will be held on
- Monday 28th August 2023 at 7.30pm
- The meeting will be held at the Narrandjeri Stadium, 281 Darebin Road, Thornbury in the Function room on level 1
- We hope that attendees will stay for refreshments after the meeting
Nominations for the following positions on the Committee of Management are invited:
- Committee Member (seven positions)
Note: The Nominator and Seconder must each be an official in an Active Club ie a club taking part in the EDJBA competition. The Nominator and Seconder can be from different clubs.
Nomination forms and the agenda are attached. Completed Nomination forms must be received by 7.30pm Monday 21st August 2023. The form can be emailed to email@example.com. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Active Clubs shall be entitled to have one delegate for teams participating in boys’ competitions and one delegate for teams participating in girls’ competitions to vote at any general meeting.
- All of the association’s Active Clubs shall be entitled to four votes for teams participating in boys’ competitions, and four votes for teams participating in girls’ competitions
- In addition to a) hereof, Life Members shall be entitled to one vote each
- Voting shall be by personal ballot
In addition to the usual AGM agenda items, there is a motion relating to the adoption of revised By Laws. Details of these have been sent to member clubs.
The method of election for the committee shall be by the exhaustive preferential voting system.
Item 6 will be passed with a simple majority.
Only delegates are able to vote but additional club representatives are very welcome to attend.