The Annual General Meeting of the Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association Inc. will be held on
- Monday 13th September 2021 at 7.00pm
- The meeting will be held at the EDJBA Office, 156 Parker St, Templestowe or via Zoom. The decision will be made closer to the time, and if to be held via Zoom, the Zoom link will be sent to clubs.
Nominations for the following positions on the Committee of Management are invited:
- Committee Member (seven positions)
Note: The Nominator and Seconder must each be an official in an Active Club ie a club taking part in the EDJBA competition. The Nominator and Seconder can be from different clubs.
Nomination forms and the agenda are available at the bottom of this post. Completed Nomination forms must be received by 7.00pm Monday 6th September 2021. The form can be emailed to email@example.com. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Please note that in addition to the usual AGM agenda items, there is a motion relating to size 5 balls. Details are in the attached agenda.
Active Clubs shall be entitled to have one delegate for teams participating in boys’ competitions and one delegate for teams participating in girls’ competitions to vote at any general meeting.
- All of the association’s Active Clubs shall be entitled to four votes for teams participating in boys’ competitions, and four votes for teams participating in girls’ competitions
- In addition to a) hereof, Life Members shall be entitled to one vote each
- Voting shall be by personal ballot
The method of election for the committee shall be by the exhaustive preferential voting system. Item 6 motion will be passed with a simple majority. Item 7 (life membership nominations) will be passed with a three-fourths majority.
Additional club representatives are welcome at the AGM however only delegates are able to vote.